The Life and Times of Tamsin North, quick and dirty-like.
- In (very) simplified terms, I was born in England and grew up in Norway with my older brother, and our Norwegian dad and English mum. It gets complicated fast if you ask more questions after that, so we'll leave it there for now.
- When I was 19, I moved from Norway to the US to attend Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.
- I have a BA in Humanities with an emphasis in Art History and a minor in Scandinavian Studies. (Say that fast 10 times!)
- While I was at BYU I (re-)met and married Nick North, an ultimately genius decision on my part, even if it meant not moving back to my beloved Norway. He has been making me happy every day for over 10 years now.
- I may not look or sound Norwegian, but I assure you that is only on the outside. You can take the girl out of the lusekofte, but you can't take the lusekofte out of the girl!
- Similarly, I still feel quite English, even if I haven't lived there since 1984.
- I don't really feel American at all, even if I'm quite happy to live here.
- I am the overly proud mother of Espen, currently age 5, and Gwen, age almost 3. I am enthralled daily by just how how brilliant, beautiful and funny my kids are. Seriously, follow me on instagram and see for yourself.
- I decided to not work outside the home once we had children, and am grateful every day (although not always every moment of every day!) that we have managed to make that work for us.
- I'm a pretty nerdy girl with a great love of books, art, architecture, movies, knitting, design and British television.
- We're a family that loves to travel, and seem to manage to swing an annual trip to Norway to see my family, usually with a side trip to somewhere else in Europe. We thought that would slow down once we had kids, but we've seen no signs of stopping so far.
- I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which makes me and my family Latter-day Saints or Mormons. It also makes me happy.
|My little family.|
Should you have any more questions about me, they may have been answered here. And if not, feel free to nose around which, in my opinion, is always a good thing.