Guest blogger: Maddy
When I was fifteen, I went to Paris.
Every year growing up we would go to a spot along the great British coastline, Paris was the first time I had ever been anywhere outside of England itself.
I went with two of my best friends, and my French class.
It wasn't an entirely positive experience, my purse was stolen on the way to our hotel, within an hour of arriving in Paris, but that's just the kind of luck I roll with.
If you have ever been to Paris, you'll understand why they call it the most beautiful city in the world, it is.
I love pretty things, and Paris was like a giant painting come to life, that's how I remember it now.
We went up the Eiffel tower, (a story in itself) on a cruise on the Seine, to the centre Pompidu, and, the highlight, Montmartre.
It was spectacular, and If your going any time soon, scrap the Eiffel tower, its overrated and scary, but go ahead and go to Montmartre, getting there is a week's worth of workouts (if I worked out) and you can see the whole of Paris.
So with my huge knowledge of travelling, having spent three days abroad two years ago- I'm here today to tell you the countries on my hit- list now I'm sweet seventeen, and not too many years away from hopefully getting out to see the world.
- Jersey in the channel islands- This beautiful Island hit my attention whilst I was wikipedia-ing Henry Cavill, who happens to call this place home- whilst I don't intend to stalk him, unless the opportunity arised, through some research, I have deemed that I want to go to Jersey, and ride a bike all over the island.
- The Seychelles- one of my best friends, Nadine's Mum is from The Seychelles and not only is she lovely, but they have a lot of family over there, and a house, and I have been enchanted by tales of Manatees, and geckos, and the beach.
- America- I want to do a big American road trip, Jamie style- and hopefully stop by and visit Tamsin, I am fascinated by it.
- Greece- I watch mamma mia! on a fortnightly rotation, and I have a beautiful vision of drinking something Greek against the backdrop of whitewashed walls and a sunset- whilst hopping around the islands.
- Panama- as a dedicated Prison break addict, I did a lot of research on panama, through wikipedia, because let's face it, it looked awesome, and now I have a growing thought bubble of sailing round.
You will perhaps notice that a lot of my wishful visits include beaches, I just love the beach, I never feel as brilliant, as when I am standing on a beach, looking out at the ocean.
I don't know if I will ever get to visit these places, or if I'll be in a position to travel in a few years time, but I sure am hopeful.
I hope you've enjoyed my random ramblings on where I want to go, feel free to throw in your suggestions, or opinions!
Tamsin- thank you for having me- have a fantastic trip!