- Nick. He will always be at the very tippy top of my list! And really, who wouldn't love a man who bends over backwards to make sure I get to keep all of my Norwegian Christmas traditions (Skomakergata, pepperkakebaking, Askepott og adventskalender) just because he knows they make me happy? And who bought me the nativity set I've been dreaming of since we first got married early, so I could enjoy it for all of December. Isn't it pretty? And let's be honest: even without all of these things I've just mentioned, we could be so perfectly happy living our life in an empty cardboard box together. As long as I have Nick, I can do anything at all.
- Friends. I don't know how we did it, but somehow we've managed to land ourselves some of the kindest, most generous and considerate, fun-loving and outstanding friends known to man. If I could only figure out what the recipe is to having friends like ours, I would let you know!
- Family. Both Nick's family (who have really become my own family over the past four years), who we will be spending Christmas with, and my own lovely family at home in Norway. We have a Skype date set for this afternoon, so we can open presents together via webcam before Nick and I leave town. It's an amazing thing that we can do that from opposite sides of the world.
- Our little baby. With all of the times we weren't sure if we'd ever be able to be parents, the fact that we're now only weeks away from the arrival is nothing short of a miracle and the greatest Christmas gift I could ever ask for.
- Finally, while I rarely talk about my faith on my blog, I have to express my gratitude to the Heavenly Father who has given me all of these fantastic gifts and all the happiness that fills my life. I know that He has watched over me through difficult times and led me to where I am today. I'm equally thankful for His son and the incredible gift of his sacrifice and atonement. This world would be so different without Him.
I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, filled with all of your favourite things, whoever and wherever you may be.