Something for the weekend
|Snuggling my one year-old before she turns into a two year-old.|
Just flying by with another late night post before the weekend starts in earnest. Our little girl turns two tomorrow, and so our evening has been spent baking cupcakes, putting together a doll's crib and festooning our house with Hello Kitty, and tomorrow will be spent in adoration of the birthday girl - and taking her to the aquarium and out for pizza. I'm looking forward to enjoying a weekend relaxing and having fun with family and friends.
A few things that caught my eye this week:
- This project made me smile. A woman photoshopped herself into her mother's childhood photos to explore the question of what it would have been like if they grew up together. My mum and I are pretty close, so the idea really appeals to me.
- A post about flying from Singapore to New York City in a $23,000 suite. I know I will never ever experience that in person, but holy moly, a girl can dream! The legroom! The ability to actually sleep on a plane!
- This Christmas ad for Sainsbury's in England made me cry. I've always loved that story from World War 1.
- This study shows that kindness and generosity build strong marriages. Lots of studies show lots of things, but I felt like this one made some especially good points, and has given me something to think about. The idea of "bids" and how we respond to them really resonated with me.
- Pictures taken from the surface of a comet by a landing probe that has spent the past 10 years traveling to get there. Can you even begin to imagine the planning and foresight that went into pulling this off? Amazing!
- I want Food by Tom to come to my house and cook that tasty looking food! I promise I'd set a pretty table and only invite people who know how to carry on a great conversation and enjoy a good meal. Also, I'd wear my best dress.
OK, I'm off to bed. Have a great weekend!