A few thoughts on drinking more water:
- I didn't really notice much of a difference until I stopped, when I became aware of a faint, dull headache that just kind of lurks behind my forehead. It goes away with a glass of water!
- Going to the bathroom more often is kind of annoying.
- On the upside, after about three days I developed the ability to stealth-pee. Completely clear, you guys! (OK, that was almost definitely too much information.)
- Drinking water makes me feel less snacky. Not that it has necessarily helped me to snack less, but it has made me realize that a lot of the time the food cravings I feel are mostly in my mind.
- Discovering that our tall drinking glasses each held 1/4 of my daily intake was really helpful. I could just tell myself that I drank one glass with lunch, one with dinner and two more in between. Drinking two of my big water bottle felt a little daunting, and I only have one of it, which makes things a little trickier if it was in the dish washer.
- Speaking of dishes, things also got tricky if all the tall glasses were dirty.
- I need to do my dishes more often.
I'm definitely a fan of drinking more water, and will be keeping it up. I'm not sure if I was just caught up in the euphoria of a new project, but I have to say I felt pretty good last week. A little more energized and a little more clear-minded. I'll take it.
If you're following along, how did you do? Did you notice a difference in how you felt? Will you be keeping it up?
PS: I came across this blogpost that talks about the advantages of drinking lemon water every morning. I haven't had a chance to research this much on my own, but it certainly gives you a few things to think about, right?
Image borrowed here.
I know that I don't drink nearly enough water, but there's just something about the water here that I don't like. The taste of it seems off. I don't like the way water tastes in general (it tastes like nothing, I know) but the water here is just blahhhh. I love flavored water, however, I'm just too cheap to buy it. I need to start upping my water, since I am an athlete (who can barely remember a water bottle to take to the gym, shame shame).ReplyDelete
I've always loved drinking water, so It's normally okay for me- also my mum always drinks water with lemon, and whilst she does a lot of other stuff, she's pretty healthy, so it's probably good for you :)ReplyDelete
I'm going to have to do the smaller glass thing. Whenever I get a headache, the first thing I reach for is a glass of water; 9 times out of 10 it takes care of it! I am doing fair on drinking more water, but just thinking about this challenge is helping me drink more. Thanks!ReplyDelete
I am still folowing you and i am to getting better at drinking water, not as good as i should be doing but better..ReplyDelete